11 December 2009

The beginning... or is it?

I guess I should start at the beginning, but does that mean when C & I met? My intent was to start at the engagement, so I shall start there!

C & I have recently become owners of a block of land, and as we got close to settlement date he was very keen to organise dinner to celebrate our joint purchase! I suggested that we eat at The Bellhouse Cafe on the South Perth foreshore, the location for our first date together! Dinner was nice, and afterwards we wandered onto the Mends Street Jetty to enjoy the sight of the river and the city.

It was a fairly windy evening, and after a while I started to get cold. I said to C that we should leave and go home, and he said that I had to wait, he had something to ask me. What could that be?? He said that he had something burning a hole in his pocket, me being a smarty pants asked if it was his mobile phone, something that is always running hot with mates and work calls! He said no, and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was so sweet. Of course I said yes, gave him a kiss and pulled him up. "Show me, show me", I said, wanting to see what was so hot in his pocket. Luckily for me it wasn't what some of you were thinking; it was a lovely diamond solitaire ring that he had picked out on his own... okay maybe with some assistance from his sister K2.

I was very excited! The initial buzz lasted for at least two weeks, although some of my friends thought that I was a little too calm and collected when I told them. I was - and am - happy on the inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts!